It’s 2023, and the way we consume entertainment has changed drastically. The rise of Netflix and Hulu, plus the fact that YouTube is now one of the most visited websites in the world, means that more people than ever are watching videos online. And here’s another statistic: Roughly 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every day. There are over 51 million YouTube Channels.
That’s a lot! So if you’re not using YouTube yet to share your knowledge or promote your business, what are you waiting for? Here are some tips to set up and launch your own channel today:
What is a YouTube channel?
YouTube is a video sharing website that allows you to create your own channel and upload videos, watch other people’s videos, comment on them and subscribe to their channels. You can also share your own videos with the world!
To set up your YouTube channel:
How does it work?
If you’re looking to grow your YouTube channel, there are several ways to do it. One of the best ways is by optimizing and promoting your videos–but how?
- Optimizing videos: This means making sure that all of the video metadata (title, description and tags) accurately describe what the video is about, so that people can find it when searching for relevant terms or viewing related videos in the sidebar on their browser. It also includes making sure there are no errors in any of these fields before uploading a new video.
- Promoting videos: You should promote any new content on social media platforms such as Facebook or Twitter as soon after publishing as possible; if someone’s already seen one of your videos once before but doesn’t remember seeing it again when searching for something else later on Google+, then chances are good that they’ll remember seeing something similar instead!
Why should you start your own YouTube channel?
You should start your own YouTube channel because:
- YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world. It’s also the second largest social network and video platform, as well as mobile app, content sharing platform and video advertising platform. In fact, it’s so popular that it has over 1 billion active users worldwide! That’s why we’re going to focus on how you can use this powerful tool for your business or personal brand.
How to set up a new YouTube channel.
The first thing you’ll need to do is create a Google account. This can be done by visiting google.com and clicking on the “Sign In” button in the top right corner of your screen. Once you’ve signed into your account, click on “Create a Google Account” at the bottom of this page or select that option from the dropdown menu on other pages. You will then be prompted to enter basic information about yourself (name and email address) before being asked what kind of account you would like: personal or business? Select whichever option best fits your needs at this time; we recommend making it personal if this is only going to be used for YouTube channel purposes because there will not be many people accessing it besides yourself and possibly others who may help run things later down the road when things get more serious about developing content for viewers out there!
What should be included in your video categories?
You may have heard that using categories is important for SEO. It’s true: the more specific your category is, the better it will rank on Google. However, there are no hard rules about how many categories you should have or what kind of videos should be in each one. That said, if you want to get views from people who are searching for a specific topic (and thus help them find your video), choose categories carefully!
The most popular categories include:
- News & Politics
- Science & Medicine
While these aren’t exactly niche topics (which means they’re not always great for SEO), they all have loads of potential viewers–especially if yours is one of only a few videos covering such topics on YouTube!
What does Youtube look for when choosing videos to rank in search?
To get your videos to rank in search, you need to make sure that they’re relevant and useful. This means that YouTube will look for a few things:
- Popularity with your audience
- Relevance to the search term
- A clear description and title
- A clear video thumbnail (a picture used as an advertisement for the video)
- A clear video title
- How much time people spend watching your videos
- What videos people DON’T watch is also a part of what YouTube looks at
- How much time people spend watching videos
- Likes & dislikes on videos
- “not interested” feedback
Start your own YouTube channel today!
- Create a channel: Go to YouTube and click “Create Channel.”
- Add a profile picture: Upload an image that represents you, your brand or business. You can use one of the free images provided by Google or upload your own.
- Add a channel trailer: This is the first thing viewers see when they land on your page–be sure it’s professional-looking so people know what kind of content they’re going to get from watching more videos! The video should be no longer than 30 seconds in length (it will automatically play after 5 seconds) and include an intro explaining who you are/what you do followed by clips from some of the most popular videos from recent months/years that showcase the type(s) of content featured on this channel (e.g., tutorials).
If you’re thinking about starting your own YouTube channel, don’t delay! It’s a great way to connect with other people who share your interests and passions. And if you have any questions about how it all works, please feel free to contact us at [email protected].